The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cars.com Top 10 Car Songs-- Part 2

7. LET ME RIDE-- DR. DRE-- The lyrics definitely aren't g-rated "but that doesn't diminish its importance as a song about cars." (Never heard of it and with language like you usually hear in rap songs, doubt that I ever will. Plus, I'm sure he used the dreaded "N" word that I find offensive.)


6. DRIVE MY CAR-- BEATLES-- "How do you know you've made it? According to John Lennon and Paul McCartney, it's when you can afford to hire a chauffeur. (From my favorite Beatles, the early Beatles.)


5. MUSTANG SALLY-- WILSON PICKETT-- "Pickett wasn't the first to record 'Mustang Sally,' but he's the one who put it on the map." (This has been recorded by many, many, many artists and I like all the versions I've heard. And, of course, one of my favorite all-time soul singers is the "Wicked" Pickett.)

Four More to Go. --RoadDog

No comments: