The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Grapes of Wrath

I have to admit that I have not yet read John Steinbeck's "Grapes of Wrath." But, now with the 70th anniversary, it would be a good time to do so. As a Route 66 fanatic (not just a fan), it would seem to be the least I could do.

I do possess a copy of the book as well as Steinbeck's "travels with Charlie" which I also haven't read. My excuse nowadays is that I spend way too much time on these four blogs. Weak as it is.

I did, however, see the movie "Grapes of Wrath." The one thing I'm most impressed with was the fortitude of the mother, who kept the family together through her sheer will. I don't know how anyone could face such a magnitude of misfortune and just continue on plugging away. A true hero.

It's About Time. --RoadDog

No comments: