The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Five Days on the Road-- Charlie Brown's

I just got back from a five-day road trip with the American Road Forum group.

I met up with the Bremers on Friday morning at Charlie Brown's on Main Street in Speedway. This is not your cookie cutter breakfast joint. For some reason, the walls were covered with Indy 500 pictures and posters. Could the fact they are about a third of the mile from the track have something to do with it?

I highly suggest the Charlie Brown omelet which is loaded par excellence. The Bremers told me about a major urban renewal program Speedway is planning which will really change the downtown appearance on Main Street, where Charlie Brown's is located. It will also have traffic circles. Can't say much about that as I HATE traffic circles. You never know where you're going to be hit from. Met the city manager who is a friend of the Bremers and CB regular.

They took me over to the CVS store so I could get some toothpaste and deodorant, two things I forgot. I guess that's what happens when you pack in a few minutes. That wouldn't have happened had Liz been along.

Absolutely gorgeous weather, but windy, windy, windy.

A Full Stomach, Now for Some Road Stuff. --RoadDog

No comments: