The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Got My Irish On for Two Weeks-- Part 1: A Fish Fry and Parade

Our St. Patrick's Day celebration around here lasted for two weeks.  I took full advantage of it.

FRIDAY MARCH 10

We had around 8-9 inches of snow, which was nice enough to stay off the roads.  Went to the Fox Lake American Legion for the annual (well, first in three years because of you-know-what) Grant Township fish fry.  Always something I look forward to.  The place was packed and there was all you can eat, but so much in the first serving I didn't go back for seconds.  Man does not live by corned beef & cabbage alone.

***********************************

SATURDAY, MARCH 11

Drove over to Lake Villa, Illinois, for their annual St. Patrick's Day parade.  For over ten years I dejayed for it at George's Cedar Inn on Main Street and sure had a great time.  I told him that as long as he owned the bar and my equipment worked (after I had retired from deejaying) that I would play there.  Unfortunately he sold the bar.

Parked at the VFW and went to the bar to wait for the start of the parade, but they weren't open, so walked over to the parade route and got breakfast at the Lake Villa Cafe while waiting.  Then watched the parade which is a good-sized on for such a small town.

What, Me Green?  --RoadO'Dog


No comments: