The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Uniquely Springfield-- Part 2: Some More on the Well-Hidden Cozy Dog


I had read about the Cozy Dog before our first trip on Route 66 in March 2002 and it was high on my list of places to go.  However, once we got into Springfield, we couldn't find it.  I knew we were in the area, but just couldn't seem to see it.

So... we stopped at a Burger King and ordered some pop and asked nonchalantly where this place called Cozy Dog was.  Have you ever been in a hardware store and looked all over for an item and finally, in desperation, stopped a clerk to inquire.  And, of course, you KNOW where that item is going to be.

Well, it happened here.  Dumb ol' Me:   "By the way, where is this Cozy Dog place I've heard about."  Employee,  "Right behind you, sir."

Turned around, and there it was.

Same thing happened to me that trip when I was at the I-270 rest stop/visitors center by the Mississippi River and asked where the Chain of Rocks Bridge was. Kind of hard to miss a bridge, especially one that size.  But, I CAN do that with ease.  What Bridge?

Embarrassed, But At Least We Got Our Cozy Dogs.  --RoadWhere?



No comments: