The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Just What Kind of a Route 66 Nut Are You?-- Part 2

Back on May 15th, I had an entry where four classifications of Route 66 nuts were given. Liz and I are actually a combination of three of them.

We are ROADIES in that we belong to the Rt. 66 Assoc. of Illinois and have gone to many Rt 66 festivals and road tours. We will be on the Illinois' Association's motor tour in a few weeks.

We are always "spreading the word" and have taken friends on short excursions several times.

Of course, this whole blog is about the "Road" experience and a lot of the entries have been on Route 66. I also cover all sorts of other road stuff.

While I was still teaching, my kids knew a WHOLE LOT about the road when they got out of my class. Once, two girls had to go to Normal, Illinois, and stopped at and took pictures at Pontiac's Old Log Cabin and Wilmington's Launching Pad restaurants. That was one of the neatest things any kid ever did for me. You always wonder how much you're doing with them sinks in.

Two More Nutty Things Coming Up. --RoadDog

No comments: