The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

US-12 and Detrot's Cadillac Square

One town I have never visited is Detroit, Michigan. I believe that I once passed through it on a family vacation back when I was in school, but we drove and did not stop.

I know that Detroit has all kinds of detractors because of inner city decay, but one place I would really like to see is Cadillac Square, which I understand to be Us-12's eastern terminus.

Back on July 28th, Shorpy, an old photo site, ran a picture of Cadillac Square, circa 1916, showing the beautiful Hotel Pontchartrain and the square as viewed from City hall. www.shorpy.com

These pictures are really neat because you can see it full-size and then scroll around and really get some detail.

Also, there were pictures of the hotel and square in 1907 and 1910 enabling you to see changes that had occurred in the intervening years.

More to Come. --RoadDog

No comments: